Incoming vs. Returning Students
By Ben Bishop, Boise Bible College Director of Financial Aid
Boise Bible College prides ourselves on helping students grow spiritually and intellectually. Here at BBC you will be challenged, make lasting friendships, and strengthen your relationship with to God. We are here to help you every step of the way. Through hard work and determination on your part and ours, one of the ways we help fund your education at BBC is with scholarships.
All of the grants and scholarships that BBC offers empower students and enable BBC to live its mission to build up the church, to be a resource to the local church, and to deepen relationships with local churches throughout the world.
Incoming Students = Access to $9,500 in Scholarships
Depending on availability and eligibility, incoming students may have access to over $9,500 a year in BBC scholarships. This does not count any sort of Federal aid such as the Pell grant or student loans. Many of the BBC awards given to incoming students are renewable and continual for more than one year depending on eligibility.
Returning Students = Access to $25,000 in Scholarships
In the same way, depending on availability and eligibility, returning students have access to over $25,000 a year in BBC institutional and endowed scholarships. This also does not count any sort of Federal aid such as the Pell grant or student loans.
What’s the Difference?
We at BBC love to help out all of our students at every step of their journey with us. We do not use financial aid just to get you to attend BBC, but to help you mature while you are with us. We are here to help students from the first step they take on campus to even after they graduate. This ‘whole journey’ approach sets us apart from many other institutions!
BBC awards scholarships to its students for leadership ability, academic merit, ministry desire, and financial need. As a first-time student at BBC, applying for most of our scholarships are as easy as completing your application for admission! The only other paper work required beyond that is to be sure that your final and official transcript is sent to BBC.
in 2017-2018 year about $396,000 in
BBC specific scholarships were given to students!
To be eligible for scholarships offered by Boise Bible College, a student must:
- Be in good academic standing with the college.
- Meet deadlines for admission and/or preregistration
- Be enrolled full-time in a two- or four-year degree program (full-time is defined as being enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester)
Below is some information about the scholarship opportunities BBC offers or known as “in-house scholarships” to both incoming and returning students. For more information about BBC and the scholarships available, please fill out an inquiry form. We’d love to hear from you!
Some BBC Scholarship opportunities available:
BBC President’s Academic Scholarship
BBC Dean’s Academic Scholarship
BBC Investment Scholarship
BBC Leadership Scholarship
Continuing students are also eligible for many other scholarships including:
BBC Ministry Department Scholarship
And many more endowed scholarships including but not limited to for returning students:
- Ellen Banta Children’s Department Scholarship
- Carter Family Scholarship
- Charles and Clara Fultz Scholarship
- Fellowship Christian Church Scholarship
- Carl and Barbara Fricke Ministry Scholarship
- Kathryn Mary Stanton Heald Scholarship
- Intermountain Christian Scholarship
- Nancy Lyn Wood Scholarship
- Dr. Kenneth Beckman Preaching Department Scholarship
- George and Jane Hafer Preaching Ministry Scholarship
- Ed Henry Rural Preaching Scholarship
- Richard Scott Preaching Scholarship
- Dale Marshall Intercultural Department Scholarship
- Burris Family Intercultural Scholarship
- Fowler Family Missions Scholarship
- White City Church of Christ Heritage Scholarship
- Wilma Woodard Memorial Missions Scholarship